Sunday, January 21, 2007

My Vision

As I walked through the 3rd grade hall of my school last week, I was thrilled to see that teachers had displayed work that their students had done in the computer lab. One of my goals as the technology teacher is to get the teachers as well as the students excited about the use of technology in their lessons. The work that was displayed was created in a program that had been introduced to the students in my technology class and to the teachers in a mini workshop that a colleague and I held. It is my vision that as I progress through this course and work towards my degree, I will learn of many more programs and technology skills that I can share with students and teachers. I want to learn ways to help teachers use technology in their classrooms to enhance learning and make their jobs easier. I feel that technology in the classroom should not be something that is just added to meet a PDAS requirement, but as a tool that is used as readily as a textbook to help students understand a concept or acquire knowledge.

1 comment:

Dr. W said...

And you know what they did by placing that work on the walls? They provided an authentic audience for the students that created these projects! Great!