Saturday, January 27, 2007

Technology Skills to Learn and Share

Technology Skills that I would like to develop:
  • digital storytelling - I would like to implement this in my technology classes to help students be creative when writing.
  • web design- I have several students in my technology club that have expressed interest in creating a web page for our club. This is an exciting way for them to develop communication skills.
  • finding and using online resources- Although I tap many resources for lesson development and student research, I know I am only tasting a tiny bite of what is available, and I want to be able to share these with teachers and students.
  • using photoshop programs effectively-The use of digital movies and photography is so powerful for students to use to create projects over any subject matter.
  • troubleshooting - I would love to be able to solve more of my campuses computer woes without contacting the tech guys who are so over worked. This would help teachers and students not have as many breaks in their access to technology.
Technology Skills to share:
  • Use of Kid Pix Deluxe in elementary classrooms
  • Desktop Publishing and Powerpoint
  • Scavenger Hunts and Web Quests
  • Windows Movie Maker

1 comment:

Charlie said...

There are many powerful learning tools out there that teach kids and adults at their own pace and they use behavorial techniques to reinforce the learners. Like you, I am a firm believer that computers can reach many students who may be struggling in the traditional classroom setting. Keep up the good work.

Charlie